Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Easy Grooming Kit

This is my mess. I need to take all of this stuff to dog shows with me for pre-show care. But how in the world am I supposed to store it all in an easily portable container?
Every show I need to bring:
  • Lint Roller
  • Dog Treats
  • Dog Wipes
  • Treat Pouch
  • 2 sets of showleads and show collars
  • 2 sets of grooming scissors
  • 6 sets of brushes/combs
  • Cotton Pads
  • Toothpaste and toothbrush
  • Cotton Swabs
  • Gum Picks
  • Chain Collar
  • 2 sets of earwash
  • Produce bags (for poop)
  • Rabies Certificate (not pictured)

A lot of stuff, huh?

My secret? A tacklebox. Tackleboxes are sold in a variety of sizes and prices. This is my tacklebox.


My tacklebox is one of the fancier, bigger types. It has a slide-out tray that is very helpful in storing the smaller objects that would get lost in the sea of grooming supplies underneath. This box was purchased around $15 at a discount store. Remember, they're meant for fishing, so you can find them in the sporting goods section.  

Now, TaDa! Look at my organized, simple layout to my grooming supplies now!

That's right, you really can fit all of that stuff into this small package. I promise that everything is there, its all necessary stuff and I would never go to a show without it. I did make some changes, though. First, I used my dog wipes package to line the bottom of the box, so that it wouldn't get scratched up. Also, a whole pack of dog treats wasn't really needed, and it took up so much room. So I just took about a fourth of the treats out of the bag and put it in a small resealable sandwich bag for easy storage.

Now you can see how much impact a tiny purchase like that can have on your life. You can become so much more organized with small things like that, and its very worthwhile. I don't know what I would do without my tacklebox,  and thats all there is to organizing. As long as it works for you, then its organized.

--Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment